Celtic star striker Odsonne Edouard blanked Monaco move in summer says report

Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard was targeted by Monaco during the summer according to reports in France.

The 21-year-old, who signed a permanent deal last summer after an initial one-year loan spell from PSG, has been a smash hit in the hoops.

Comments in French sports daily, L’Equipe, reported in various Scottish media outlets, claim the striker was open to a move back to his homeland.

Talks were reportedly at an advanced stage in June, but suddenly stopped after terms had been agreed in principle. When Monaco came back in for the player, he told them he wasn’t interested.

Whatever the veracity of the report, the good news for Celtic fans is that any possible future move is now “completely dead” according to the paper and, most importantly, Eddie has started the season on fire.

With six goals to his name already, including Sunday’s brilliant opener at Ibrox, the player looks set to play a starring role in what could be another historic season.

The player, who has been called up to France’s U21s for the first time, has developed into Celtic’s number one attacker.

At his current rate of development, he could easily follow in the footsteps of some of our more renowned strikers. It might be time for Celtic to deal him in, along with some of our other key players.

error

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *